CARE Fertility - Leading the way in IVF
World of difference
Leading the way
We help to drive up the quality of fertility healthcare by continually developing new techniques and procedures to assist more and more people.
- Members of CARE were part of the pioneering team that gave the world the first IVF baby.
- It was a member of CARE who first pioneered successful sperm microinjection and brought ICSI to the UK.
- We were one of the first UK fertility clinics licensed to perform specialist tests such as Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) and the first to offer HLA Tissue Typing.
- We are one of only a handful of UK teams licensed to screen embryos for chromosomal disorders.
- We pioneered Polar Body Array CGH (method of screening eggs to evaluate all their chromosomes and select the most viable embryos).
- We are one of only a very small number of UK teams who evaluate and treat patients using an innovative reproductive immunity programme. This is designed for patients who have previously undergone persistent IVF failure or have suffered recurrent miscarriages. The programme is proving highly successful and is available at all four main CARE clinics.
Investment in research
CARE is committed to pushing forward the quality and reliability of treatment.
- CARE established a charitable trust, The Rachel Foundation, for research into improving patient treatment, protecting those who may become infertile in the future and helping those who cannot yet be treated.
- We undertake research programmes licensed by the HFEA and work with research scientists around the world striving towards treatment solutions for the future.
- Our team collaborates with many renowned organisations such as the University of Chicago, the Genesis Genetics Institute, Michigan, Liverpool John Moore's University, and the University of Sheffield, to offer the best solution to patients.
Caring for you as individuals
We believe that no two patients are alike. That's why all couples are treated uniquely according to their individual circumstances and conditions.
- We provide individual solutions for fertility problems in a caring and supportive environment.
- We will help you move forward in your treatment by constantly reviewing and reflecting on your particular circumstances. We will always be transparent in everything we do, providing you with clear and comprehensive information about your condition and the various options available to you.
- The nurses on the team are experienced and specially trained in caring for couples undergoing fertility treatment. CARE nurses offer day-to-day guidance and support to patients.
- We will take the time to answer your questions and deal with any concerns you have.
We are the largest independent provider of fertility treatments in the UK and draw on the knowledge and expertise of specialists whose work is respected world-wide.
- We have the largest team of dedicated fertility healthcare professionals in the UK and we provide the complete range of treatments and techniques from the simplest tests to the latest technologies.
- CARE is consultant led and only senior staff manage patients.
- Our embryologists have more experience and innovative published work in the field of micro injection technology for human conception than any other team in the UK.
- Our staff have been invited by the World Health Organisation, governments and universities to introduce IVF to many institutions across the world.
- Working together, this outstanding team has identified and overcome some of the most complex fertility problems.
Laura, 18 who was born following IVF treatment by members of the CARE team, chose the embryology lab at CARE for her work experience. ‘It's been amazing, surreal. I have always known that I was an IVF baby so that's not an issue. But it's made me think that I would like to work in embryology myself.’
Ultimately we are judged by results and we are always happy to be measured in this way. We are very proud of our consistent success rate in helping infertile couples to have children.
- Our results are among the best in the country, across ALL age groups.
- We aim to help everyone*, regardless of age or the nature of their fertility problem. Indeed we continue to strive to develop cutting-edge technologies to address the most challenging cases.
- We have been a consistently high performer in the HFEA (Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority) Patient Guide since data has been collected.
- Dr. Foster's Guide to Infertility Clinics, quotes in the Times, commented on CARE's ‘consistently good performance over the (last) three years’.
* Clearly there are biological factors and regulatory recommendations which make it impractical to offer treatment outside certain age bands.