CAREFertility Forum Index FAQ Search Watched Topics Login
Register

CAREFertility Forum Index Cycle Buddies november ivfers Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

vixx
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:07 pm

Jess what grades did you get & cell nos? Are you off work until xmas now? I am - I figured that I have enough xmas stuff to do to keep my head busy!

Love Vix

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:01 pm

Hi everyone, I'll get my news out of the way first... I rang and booked my down reg scan this morning! Its on Tues 22nd at 10am so a bit of an early start. I'll be really glad to get my date to start stimms although I do feel terrified too that it is all finally starting.
Jess, I've never had any frosties and have had 3BFPs from ivf/icsi. One of those BFPs resulted in the little boy who is fast asleep upstairs so I really wouldn't put too much emphasis on the lack of frosties. The important thing is that they put the best ones back inside you. The freezing criteria is pretty strict I think because an embryo may be good enough to implant but not good enough to survive freezing. When is your OTD?

Vix, hope you enjoyed the gentle shopping! You're right that these embies are so fragile and so precious. Mind you I do think they are also tougher than we think once they are snuggled down inside. There is plenty of cushioning in there!

Jamie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations honey, I'm sure its an accurate result and I don't blame you for carrying on testing every day till Friday, let us know how you get on.

Sarah, how are you feeling now? Sorry to hear you had blues today, we are bound to get moments of feeling pessimistic and it is only natural to imagine another BFN but you have to let yourself feel hopeful too honey. Those good strong blasties are snuggling down as we speak! I know you want to rest as much as poss and I remember how worried and anxious I was about lifing Noah after my ETs but I honestly honestly believe it makes no difference. As long as you put your feet up when you can I think its fine to carry on as normal. Mind you, I would definitly try to get out of the Christmas food shop!

Saz hon, you have definitly tested too early. There are so many ladies on this board who test early, on the other board I use people just stick to OTD. Some people are still getting BFN the day before OTD and get a BFP the following day. I know its torture but pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease try to hang on a bit longer.

Maroon I will definitly be keeping you company, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS! Think we're the only two left now aren't we?

By the way, how on earth am I going to survive now there's no XFACTOR to watch???!!!

Alice xx

2009 natural miracle m/mc 7wks (normal chromosomes)
2010/11 immunes/aCGH - 4xBFN
2012 DEx2 - zero fertilisation and cancelled cycle
maroon22
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:04 pm

omg jamieeeeeeeeeee soo happppy for you...let us know baout ur beta numbers!!!

jessica- my first ivf i had no leftover for freezing..and didnt need it as i got my bfp! hope it happens for you! infact i had the same 7 out of 8...put the best 2 back and the rest they said werent good enough to survive the freeze/ thaw process...

ivf #1 DS 1/08
ivf #2 - BFP!!19/2/10 10dp2dt
m/c at 7w2d
Je55ica
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:43 pm

Hard to imagine I could ever be pregnant with so many bfp's behind mr but I'm sure lots have had that feeling and there is a god right??? Jx
jamielou1978
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:23 am

just doane another test at 4.30 this morn and got a BFN gutted dont no what to think now my head spinning xx
saz
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:56 am

HI GIRLS,
thanks vix, sarah alice and jamie for making me feel a bit better, it think its the being out of our hands that is so hard to cope with but feel we'v done everything we can now so its a waiting game.
jamie i wanted to say OMG congrats so pleased for you, but after reading your post this morning i dont no what to think any more hold on in there hun
thoughts with everybody
saz xxx
jamielou1978
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:22 am

done another test its BFP im soooooo relieved

xx
sarah w
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Hi ladies,

jamielou, pheew .... what a relief , bet you were beside yourself ,

alice, thanks for your advice re lifting, there's just no avoiding it , i hope your right. Does it take you long to get to Care from where you live ?, atleast the times are flexable for the stimming scans.

well i've decided to stop being a miserable old boot !!!!! I'm not going to let me worrying ruin my christmas for my DH & Isaac, it took a hell of a lot to persuade my DH to do 1 last cycle , yes is bit unfortunate when my OT is but it is what it is . So if i start maudling you all have permission to tell me to zip it !!!

i'm off for a rest while DS asleep ,
Sarahx

born -6.01.2008
Feb 09 FET -BFN
May 09 FET -BFN
Dec 2009 - ICSI - BFN
March 2010 FET -BFP- resulting in a beautiful son born-20.12.2010
nin100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:17 pm

OH Jamie I am just soooooooooooo relieved and happy for you. Your nerves must be in shreds, will you stop testing now?
Sarah, Good for you for trying to enjoy christmas inspite of the test hanging over you. Maybe its possible to be aware that it is there but to put your focus on the other things you have, like DH and Isaac. Thats what I'm trying to do. I think I got so used to living with the black cloud over my head that it became all I focused on. I've realised that I need to balance that out by looking at what I already have - a wonderful DH and a gorgeous little boy. Anyway, thats what I'm trying to do. Sorry didn't mean to go on about me, just wanted to say I understand where you are coming from. But you are allowed to have a moan on here too, its what we're for! You asked if I have far to travel, well its about 2 and a half to 3 hours from where I live in Bristol. Luckily I am having the stimms scans done locally so I'll only need to get to Notts for this down reg on, EC and ET.
Saz, so glad you are feeling a bit better. Long may it continue and are you managing to stay away from the tests?
Jess, how many cycles have you done honey? I got lucky on my 3rd, then after my DH I had 3 BFNs followed by a BFP. It wasn't meant to be but it does show that BFPs can follow a string of BFNs.

Hope I haven't forgotten anyone.
Alicexxx
Alice xxx

2009 natural miracle m/mc 7wks (normal chromosomes)
2010/11 immunes/aCGH - 4xBFN
2012 DEx2 - zero fertilisation and cancelled cycle
maroon22
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:36 pm

jamieeeee oh goshhhhhh phewwww what dpo/ dpt are you? just curious

a quick question...to those ladies who have had FET...im just wondering..since you dont have an hcg does that mean you wont get a false pos? so ifffffffff u do get a pos it should be for real right?

ivf #1 DS 1/08
m/c at 7w2d
Je55ica
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:36 am

Hi ladies,
need advice! Only 3 days post transfer but got niggly pains in am. It can't be af can it? Also my boobs are less sore today than yesterday? Is that the hcg wearing off? They were definitely more tender in iui cycles which I don't get? God the 2 we drives you mad!!!
Hope everything is going well jamie lou. Think your v brave don't think I'd have the guts to test that early!
My fingers are crossed tightly for everyone!
How are you coping vix?
My story sounds similar to yours- 1 grade 1-2 8 cell and 1 7 cell I think

jess
vixx
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:04 am

HI Jess

think it's normal from what i've read on here and what the nurse told me to expect. I have had niggly bt very mild af pains since the pesseries (possibly since et but couldnt really tell as constipation and wind pains were very strong). Had sore boobs since hcg but they started to be less sore a couple of days ago though still tender and still a lot bigger than normal (hoping they'll stay that way!!) Nurse said to expect af pains, trapped wind and constipation, spotting possible, af may arrive and still get bfp on otd, af may not arrive but still bfn......and the pesseries can cause all these symptoms. Others on here have reported quited strong stabbing pains closer towards otd.

Hope that reassures you that your feeling normal things - dont read anything into it as it can all be pesseries and only otd will really tell!

I am now 8 days past et....not that i'm counting. I'm ok thanks but i feel it wont have worked - i'm not winding myself up about it but i just kinda feel realistic about it. Still there's a chance it has worked which will a lovely suprise if that's the case. Hope you have a good day! How long are you off work?

Love Vix

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:05 am

hi girls,
jamie thats great news so happy for you,
AFM, its not good, went to bed with few tummy gripes n woke this morning to some discharge, so looks like AF on its way my normal cycle is quite long between 36/40 days so im guessing the drugs n stuff alter your cycle as its only 26 days since my last when i stated the menupur.
i cant stop crying yet and just had to to take my DD straight into school as i could feel my self welling up in the play ground.
i know im lucky i have 3 lovely children already, i would have just loved DP to have 1 of his own, hes back to work tomorrow n wont see him till christmas eve which makes things even harder,
im already thinking what we can do next we have 1 snow baby, but realy what are the chances of 1 surviving a thaw????????????????????????

wishing each and every one of you all the luck in the world
love saz xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Je55ica
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:30 am

Saz,
sorry to hear that Hun- you never know about your frozen one I suppose it depends on the grade aswell? But I have little experience of this! You are lucky to have your children but it is also understandable that you want to complete your family with your new partner- don't feel guilty!

Vix,
thanks for the advice Hun- I'll try and stay sane!
I'm a dep head teacher so would ne finishing tomorrow anyway. It's meant I've had to take a week rather than 2 so not too bad but the future worries me in case we need it again! Not easy to get tome off from school and hard to plan around school hols! But trying not to entertain those thoughts too often. I know we've not been through as much As others on here and I admire those people who are on their fifth or sixth ivf but we've had 4 ovulation indic and 3 iuis over the last year and it's draining! Especially as both sil's have had chn and I've been godparent twice to 2 friends this year. Just feel this is our time! Which Care are you at? I'm At Manchester consultant gave us a 50/50 chance with age eggs etc so I'm thinking positive thoughts? Are you off work til after Xmas?

Jess
vixx
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:37 am

hi saz

please dont get too upset...if not full flow it could be the pesseries or late implant bleed. I know what you mean about having a backup plan though, i keep thinking what will i do next.....save up nto go again i guess.
Chances of your snowbaby surviving thaw are as good as they would be if it had company!!! They wont freeze if little chance. My embies were developing slowly and they kept them in coulture for days to give them a chance to catchup in order to freeze as they said there's no point freezing them if they wont survive the thaw. So think positive for a while longer - keep doing your pesseries until otd to make sure and dont forget you do have another viable embie waiting!

Love Vix

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:43 am

just a qickie from me today ,

Jamie lou , GOOD LUCK for you OT tomorrow

Sarahx

born -6.01.2008
Feb 09 FET -BFN
May 09 FET -BFN
Dec 2009 - ICSI - BFN
March 2010 FET -BFP- resulting in a beautiful son born-20.12.2010
vixx
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:00 am

Jess - Yes i'm off til after xmas - sympathetic boss and quiet period at work, but i know what you mean about if time off needed in the future. I work in the equine leisure industry organising events and teaching, and that's difficult taking time off when I want - usually it has to be worked around quiet periods.

Iam at care Nottingham - I was given 60% chance of it working for my age etc, but everything seemed to go so well but then ended up with only 1 embie, so kind of feel like i've used up the 60% bit!!Fingers crossed this cycle works for us all!

Gonna book a hair appiontment to spoil myself -went xmas shopping yesterday, but only managed to buy couple of cheap tshirts for myself - saw lots of pretty things i would have liked to buy for myself though!!!!!

Love Vix

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:01 am

Hi Girls,

Getting close for everyone now.

Saz....try not to worry too much (easier said than done) it may just be late implantation bleeding for you. Did you ring Care? They may suggest you do a HPT anyway! Try taking it easy today. x

Jess...I had af type cramps and felt bloated and constipated every since ET. On Mon & Tues of this week my pains where at there worst...I actually cried to my DH on Tues night because I felt stabbing like pains in my lower abdomen and when I went to the toilet and wiped I had one speck of tiny red blood (sorry if tmi) I thought that was it for me that AF is on its ugly way. But it hasn't come yet so I'm getting a little bit more hopeful. I'm 10dpt, my otd is next wed 23rd but if af doesn't come to sat I might test early if i'm brave enough!

Vix - I feel exactly like you do that it has not worked for me. I'm just finding this whole 2ww sooo hard! Everywhere I look at the min I see babies and feel like i could break down and cry at any moment, complete emotional wreck, LoL! I've got a hair appointment on Sat as well so hoping that cheers me up a bit too.

Baby Dust to Everyone!!

Mxx
Je55ica
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Feel like I need to book a hair appt now!
Keep smiling ladies 60percent is great success rate.
Got a feeling we could all have a fab Xmas- it's a lucky thread!
Jx
jamielou1978
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:45 pm

Saz - try not to worry hun it could be implenmtation bleed and if not full AF could be pesseries love..... hope your ok

Sara w - thanks love im feeling sooooo nervous did another test today got BFP just hope there right lol!!!!

Maroon, jess, sharmberry & molly hope your all ok

xx baby dust to you all xxx
Ellie5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:48 pm

Jamie Lou !!! Sorry to gatecrash but just seen your BFP !!! aww hun thats fantastic XXX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:05 pm

Ellie - thank you so much im over the moon will feel better though when confirmed officially tomoz

xx
saz
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:37 pm

hi girls,
thanks for all your kind words, i cant see it being implantation my test date is monday, surely its a bit late for that isnt it????????
i phoned care and they said this can sometimes happen at this stage ????????????????? think they just trying to make me feel better if honest, anyway they have told me to double my pessaries to 2 in the morn and 2 in the eve until monday, so DP as just gone to collect more.
i feel a bit calmer than this morning and at least im prepared for the worst, iv been lay down for 3hrs with my 2 pessaries in and feel like if i get up AF will come full flow, but if its to be it will so im going to get up and wrap a few more presants.

i just want to say i admire you girls so much, the amount of times you put yourselve though this pain, and still you keep going, all sharing the same dream.
this last 2 weeks as left me totaly and utterly emoitionly drained and i dont know if i could keep putting us through it
take care girls
saz xx

nov/dec 09 BFN
1 snowbaby.
FET 2010 ???? fingers crossed.
23/3/10 FET 1 grade 2 8 cell embie on board BFN
jamielou1978
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:57 pm

SAZ
It is so emotional your right love...... please try not to worry and take it easy ( ) big hug from me

xx
maroon22
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:16 pm

aww saz...im so sorry youre feelin down.. this is just so hard.. ((hugs)) i hope God gives you a big suprise but if not im sure you have good chances of your frosty making it! theres still hope!

ivf #1 DS 1/08
m/c at 7w2d
november ivfers 
CAREFertility Forum Index Cycle Buddies
Page 15 of 19 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next