CAREFertility Forum Index FAQ Search Watched Topics Login
Register

CAREFertility Forum Index Cycle Buddies FET Feb/March Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Tigger83
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone wants to join me for FET fun over the next few weeks? I'm due sometime next week and will be starting the beloved DR injections day 21.

Anyone wanna come along for the ride?! Its never dull when I'm cycling!

Love to all xxxxxx

1st ICSI - no embies made it
2nd ICSI - OHSS - canx - x6 1cell embies on ice
FET - Feb 12 - only 2 survived thaw - 1 g2 6 cell transf - BFN
http://tiggersbabyjourney.blogspot.com/
JEP
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:44 pm

OMG!!

Can I be your buddy Tigger?!

I'm on my microgynon now due to finish that 21/1 then will start oestrogen then so FET likely first week of feb if I've done my calculations right! No inj for me!! So will be near the start of your cycle but would like to have a friend to play with and not be billy no mates!

You're right - 'never dull when you're cycling!!'

Love
JEP
X

Natural BFP Nov 2013 - EDD -12/7/14
jaybee246
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:27 pm

Hey there, can I come play too?? Im on my jolly buserelin atm and due for my 2nd scan next wed and then FET sometime in the week after I think.xx
Charlie41
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:55 pm

Sorry Gatecrashing!!

Tigger alll the very best on your next cycle, glad you have decided to go for it!!

Charliexxx

Oct/ Nov '11 DE..BFP!! Scan 13th Dec x1HB!!

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/8UuW.png?yAY2QOeL
Tigger83
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:30 am

Yay JEP, so happy your with me again this cycle hunni! Lucky you not having to dr! Its worse this time, seem to have to jab for weeks!!

Jaybee, welcome hunni, the more, always the merrier!

Thanks Charlie. I can't wait to get started now, just hope it works out!

Love to all xxxx

lala73
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:23 pm

Hi All,
Can I join pls I start injections on Saturday, I went to hospital today for injection training very scary. This is my first time at IVF and would like some friends to share this with.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:43 pm

hey Ladies
pls can i join, i start my injections next week and will be lovely to talk to you all.
Lala how was your training today? did you do it yourself or get your DH to have a go? lol

Lisa xx
Sarah76
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:32 am

It's a little too early for me to really join in, but I'm awaiting AF in about 2 weeks time, then like Tigger I will start my DR 21 days later, so I estimate my FET to be first week in March, if I am lucky!

Since my last fresh cycle my body hasn't exactly played ball tho, giving me 1 extremely long cycle. Therefore, I am hoping it won't all get too delayed by AF not showing up on time again.

AF, huh?! There when you don't want it, not a sign of it when you need it!

Oh, and this is my first FET. I have 2 blastocysts in the freezer and I would like them both transferred, but I'm going to have to have a 'discussion' with the consultant about this (NHS, not CARE). Assuming they defrost okay in the first place. I dunno, you get rid of 1 worry (number of eggs, fertilisation) and swap it with another (will they survive the defrost)!

1 = APR/11 no fert; 2 = JUN/11ICSI 1 Blast; 3 = SEP/11 ICSI 1 Blast; 4 = JUN/12 FET 2 Blast; 5 = ICSI + immunes 02/13; 1 Blast
jaybee246
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:03 am

Hey all hope we all ok today.
This is my first FET too Sarah and like you say there is always something to worry about. I had been worrying loads about getting it all right etc and all of a sudden I just thought what if they dont even survive!!! Didnt even think about it before but its like we could have got this far and then its all gone! Well no good thinking like that I suppose! Positive thinking all the way..........
Melski
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:50 am

Reckon I might be with you Sarah, if I can get my thyroid under control. Waiting for AF in a week or so then would start on CD21. Fed up that I've been delayed beyond this month and desperately hoping I can start next month. Will keep an eye on you and join in if it's possible. Finding it hard joining forums and being left behind at the moment! Good luck to all starting this month!

1st ICSI Sept 2011 - BFP from Grade 1 embie. MC 5.5 wks
FET - BFN
2nd ICSI July 2012 - BFP from 2 blasts transferred. Scan 28/8 - 1 lovely h/b, EDD 19/4.
JEP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Hiya guys
It is frustrating waiting for periods to turn up then getting going again isn't it! But by all means 'the more the merrier' as far as I'm concerned!

Last time was my first 'go' on this crazy journey & I must say my July cycle buddies tried to help keep me sane! Hoping we can do the same again this time round!

Maybe we should start a rough list of who due to start when just so we can try to keep track. I've done a quick summary as far as I can work out but feel free to copy & paste with more up to date info on!

Lala- inj start jan transfer ??
Lisa84- inj mid jan
Jaybee - mid-end of jan
JEP - FET est early feb
Sarah76 -FET est first week of march
Tigger -FET ? March
Melski -? March

X

JEP
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:44 pm

Oh and Sarah ...this is our first FET and we're on the nhs too, with 2 frozen blasts 'chilling out' waiting to be used. I think I was told nhs will fund 2 frozen embies going back in as there is a lower chance of them working anyway. I know they will only fund one fresh one on nhs - my pct says 'due to pressures on neonatal beds'.

Guess someone will discuss this with us during the process but don't think I'm due to see a consultant only a nurse on d12 for scan & consents. Anyway - will worry about that nearer the time!

Good luck everyone
X

Tazzy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:31 pm

Hi wanted 2 wish u all luck, especially JEP who I was on a thread with during August/September. I remember u had a right rollercoaster, hope it all goes so well for u this tym. Smile xx

Tazzy

SCAN = 31st Aug 2011 Smile 1 heartbeat!!! Yayy!!
EDD = 10th April 2012 Smile
Baby Boy Daniyal born on 4.4.12 Smile

Melski
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:00 am

Good idea JEP, makes it easier to keep an eye on us all. I'm like you and Sarah, first attempt at FET with 4 on ice. Let's hope it's a lucky thread for all, but particularly FETs!

Lisa84- inj mid jan
Jaybee - mid-end of jan
JEP - 1st FET est early feb
Sarah76 -1st FET est first week of march
Tigger -FET ? March
Melski -1st FET. hope injs start early feb, depends on thyroid...

1st ICSI Sept 2011 - BFP from Grade 1 embie. MC 5.5 wks
FET - BFN
2nd ICSI July 2012 - BFP from 2 blasts transferred. Scan 28/8 - 1 lovely h/b, EDD 19/4.
Sarah76
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:15 am

JEP, I'll be really interested to hear what you are "allowed" to do (that annoys me, it's my body, my embryos, why isn't it my decision?!! Grrrrrrrrrr).

I don't get to see a consultant, but when I ring up to request treatment I have to tell the nurse that all the doctors need to discuss my case in their daily meeting. But without me there to put forward the reasons why I want them both put back I don't see how it is helpful.

I think we cycled together the first too, didn't we? So we're clearly meant to get the BFP together then Smile Seems even the NHS differs from place to place, as I got told I wouldn't get a scan until CD15. Hmpfh!

Mel, I bet you are getting utterly sick of that damn thyroid! It all seems such a hocus-pocus kind of thing. Maybe you need to eat an eye of newt and hair of bat?!! Very Happy

Lisa84- inj mid jan
Jaybee - mid-end of jan
Sarah76 -1st FET est injs mid feb with ET first week of march
Tigger -FET ? March

1 = APR/11 no fert; 2 = JUN/11ICSI 1 Blast; 3 = SEP/11 ICSI 1 Blast; 4 = JUN/12 FET 2 Blast; 5 = ICSI + immunes 02/13; 1 Blast
JEP
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:37 am

Hi Tazzy - thanks for your thoughts! How are you? Is your tummy & bump growing nicely? Are you waiting for a surprise or have you had a sexing scan?

Sarah - id forgotten we'd cycled together first - bring on our FET cycle together - wwhhhhooooo wwhhhhooooo !! I'm now going to check they would put both back in if they defrost ok as think I've done some presuming following a comment made in clinic! We keep joking about twins!

Mel - boo to thyroid giving you grief. What's the score with that? You on tabs waiting for blood results to go back to normal? Must be v frustrating not being able to plan your FET. Great youve got 4 on ice waiting to go! I'm now imagining you huddled round a couldron with a green witch making a 'thyroid potion'!!

Lala - how are your injections going? Am I right in thinking they are the down regulating ones? My ICSI was a short protocol so I missed them out (phew!) so dont know much about it. how are you feeling with them? Are you doing a fresh cycle?

Lisa - you getting excited now about being nearly ready to start? Is this your first fresh cycle too? I remember how daunting it all felt but nice to be doing it at the same time - moving towards the goal another step!

Jaybee- are you quite relaxed about things this time? I've been letting myself have a few more drinkypoos than when we did our fresh I was teetotal for months first. I figure the embies already made but I know I still need to physically be on top form. We're off skiing on 14/1 so I'm sure there will be the odd glass of beer or vino drunk in front of a log fire! Going to Austria though so v expensive to drink so it'll be 'just the one Mrs Wembly'!

Tigger - how's things for you two? Work ok? You had a promotion didn't you? Are they being supportive? Have you got much time to take off after your FET? Hope you have got some positive vibes going on?! Our little embies have been keeping each other company in notts Smile

Right girls - have a good restful weekend! I'm chilling for a change getting started on the pre holiday washing & will nip to see family whilst hubby at work. Then a snugly night with a DVD in front of the fire tonight... God - how old that makes me sound! 33 going on 70!!!! Haha!

Lots of love
JEP
X

Lisa84- inj mid jan
Jaybee - mid-end of jan
Sarah76 -1st FET est injs mid feb with ET first week of march
Tigger -FET ? March

Sarah76
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:21 pm

Hmm, I somehow posted something here, meant for a different thread. Had to delete it, but sorry for any confusion for anyone who read it here!

Last edited by Sarah76 on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

jaybee246
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:24 pm

Hiya all, hows everyones weekend going?
I wouldnt say Im relaxed about things this time Jep but I think im more prepared as last time I was convinced it would work and was gutted when it didnt and it took me a while to get my round doing it all again. I feel more able to cope with whatever happens this time and Im not thinking about it all the time. I stopped drinking alcohol and coffee about two weeks before i started my injections just in case and it has been quite hard over Christmas and new year. Im also trying to lose some weight too so dieting and no alcohol is enough to be concentrating on! lol!
My bloody washing machine broke today and then the dog came into season so having a great weekend so far!!!!
Tigger83
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:12 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a quick one as I'm on my mobile so can't see all the posts properly! Will try + do personals later. So happy to see so many have joined this thread, the more always the merrier. A big hello to all my buddies from the July/August thread, great to have us all together again for our fet Very Happy I'm really struggling with emotions at the min. My sister is due to have her 2nd baby in about 4 weeks + as happy for her as I am, its actually breaking my heart Sad I'm just glad we're starting fet soon to take my mind off it....never thought I'd ever say that!

Have a lovely weekend girls.

Love to all xxxx

Sarah76
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:36 am

Hi all

My weekend is a quiet one, but the diet is going well and I didn't even have the slightest urge to have a drink, which is surprising but brilliant!

Jay, I know what you mean about concentrating on dieting and not dirnking being enough to take your mind off the impending transfer! I think that is really helping me not worry about it....yet!

Tigger, {{hugs}} such a bittersweet time for you. My niece is going to be 2 in april, so I am dreading hearing that my SIL is pregnant again with number 2 any time. They have said they weren't going to have another, but even so, I'm expecting that dagger to strike this year.

JEP, I think you'll find DVDs work better with TVs than fires Wink In any case, there's nothing wrong with a quiet night in (swap the fire for candles, and my Saturday night was pretty similar!)

lala73
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:18 am

Hi all

Hope everyone is ok and having good weekend, had injection training on wednesday there was no practicing was just showed you how to do it. First injection was last night ( down regulating ones) which went really well DH done it and was really good, must say thou i was a nervous wreck in the morning i managed to totally close that bucket thing you put the needles in then cried and could of just cried all day lol. But as i say it went really well. O yeah DH managed to open the bucket thank god lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Aww, lala! Relax, honey Smile You've got the difficult first one out of the way now, it's all easy from here on in....honest! I'm sure lots of us have accidentally closed those bins, lol!

Hope tonight goes as well!

lala73
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Sarah~ Thanks i did feel so much better after and feel better today not stressed about it today lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi ladies, lots have been going on since i was last on here

Tigger I know what you mean about stuggling. My freind has just told me she is pregnant with her 2nd and she wasnt trying as her littie girl has only just turned one. Think everyone round me is expecting Sad

Jep yeah im exitied/nervous but think everyone is 1st time. It took alot of littie steps to get here and have a lovely holiday and just chill out.

Jaybee im the same stopped drinking and trying to lose weight but needed to after all the extra food over christmas lol Laughing

Lala Glad the injections are going well and you got your bucket open Smile

Sarah Glad your diets going well wish mine was, still got to much choc leftover from christmas

Melski why is it your AF only stays away when you dont want it to. Hope you get your thyrold stored soon.

Lisa xx
JEP
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:03 pm

Lala - I also did the closed lid thingy on the sharps bin - SNAP!!

I seriously think they should tell you specifically not to do that as when it's your first jab and you are trying to do everything so perfect the lid just says 'close me' in a teasing manner! I'm sure there's plenty of others out there who've done just the same as us. I too had a brave DH who was prepared to battle with the lid whilst trying not to spike himself on my needle! Worked though & won't ever do it again hey?!

First jab done so now you'll be well on the way. Are you getting your DH to do them all or do you think you'll do your own? I was too much of a control freak to let him do mine!

Not sure if anyone given you the ice cube tip? I was told to place an ice cube on the intended part of your skin for about a minute. Then your injection doesn't hurt as much. Seemed to help me and gave me something else to focus on! Also wet patch o. The kitchen table each time!! Ha

Hope everyone else good. I'm counting down the days til my hol now - busy week at work and done lots of sorting at home - window twanky eat your heart out! My spare room is a right tip of clothes and wholly hats/gloves ready for the snow! Delighted I found my passport after a slightly anxiety provoking half an hour!

Have a good week all
Love
JEP
X

FET Feb/March 
CAREFertility Forum Index Cycle Buddies
Page 1 of 26 Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next