CAREFertility Forum Index FAQ Search Watched Topics Login
Register

CAREFertility Forum Index What next ....... panel questions - what might they ask?

pauline2005
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi

We thought we may meet with our social worker prior to panel to go through the process and any questions they might ask us, but it hasn't happened and we go to panel on Wednesday.

I wonder if you could give us some ideas?

there were 3 things highlighted that may challenge us - I thought it might be around those, but as we don't have the report in our house, I can't go through it, eek!

Does this sound similar to your process?

Thank you

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi,

We were only asked a few questions and they were only general things like how did we find the home study process. Why we had specified that we wanted 2 girls rather than boys, how our lives would change when we bacame parents and what support we had around us and how they all felt about the adoption. They aren't there to challenge you really, they are on your side and just making sure you are who your report says. Try and be relaxed and just be yourself when you go in. Good luck and hope it goes well. Let us all know how you get on xxx

Mel
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 7:42 am

Hi Pauline

We had a copy of our report which I found useful as I read it the night before panel. Ask your SW to email it to you. We also met our SW for coffee before panel just to go over anything that we may have been worried about.

The questions were nothing we couldn't answer, as Becky has said they want to approve you, they are not looking to catch you out and they know you will be nervous. If you have areas that you think they may pick up on then for peace of mind get hold of your report, or the bits concerned, and go over things.

Its easy to say 'relax' and 'don't worry' but its not easy to do, its a very important day that you have invested in for so long, doing something relaxing tonight and try to get a good nights sleep and stay positive.

Good luck, am sure you'll be fine.
Mel x

After years of tx and heartache we are having a family via adoption. 2yr old DS moved in June 08, AO granted 18/12/08 - A Forever Family Smile Dec 09 starting again for #2 :)May 10 approved for #2...Found our daughter, can't wait to meet her Smile
wobally
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi Pauline

All the very best for tomorrow!

x
pauline2005
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 5:31 pm

Thank you all, I do feel more relaxed reading your replies,
I have M& S food for dinner and chocolate cake, trying to relax this evening.
Will let you know, eek!

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:31 pm

Good luck tomorrow! Our questions were easy, one was about my BIL being a fc and what had we learnt from that? One was about DH's other commitments other than work and I can't even remember what the third one was. We were told all the more challenging questions would be asked to our sw before we went in the room. Good luck, it'll be over before you know it. x

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:05 pm

Hi Pauline,

Just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow! Hope it all goes well for you. please let us know how you get on, will be thinking about you xxx

Mel
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:31 am

Good luck for today.
Mel x

After years of tx and heartache we are having a family via adoption. 2yr old DS moved in June 08, AO granted 18/12/08 - A Forever Family Smile Dec 09 starting again for #2 :)May 10 approved for #2...Found our daughter, can't wait to meet her Smile
Woo
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:45 pm

Pauline - good luck for today hun. Smile

Wendyx
Elizabeth hope
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Sorry just seen this.....hope it all went well and you have some great news for us all to share in later!!

SW a bit naughty....we had the same as mels, the report to read and a meeting before hand. Sure you got on fine without help though.

Elizabeth
xxx

pauline2005
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:41 pm

.........................a unanimous YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it, apparently they were impressed with us lol.

They asked us if we felt we should get some childcare experience with younger children, what we would do if a child was having problems at school, support netork and how our journey was.

I was over talkative and expressive with my hands, but it went well, whew!

Pauline

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 2:53 pm

That's brilliant news. Well done and congratulations!!

xx
Mel
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:53 pm

Congratulations Pauline Smile

Enjoy celebrating a bit before the start of waiting for that call, though I hope you have a short wait and don't have to face competitive matching as it sucks.

Mel x

Woo
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:58 pm

Pauline - well done hun so happy for you and your journey continues. Hope you do not have to wait too long. Have a great night.

Wendyx
BobbieB
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Congratulations Pauline! x

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:20 pm

oh Wow Pauline! You might not wait long at all now, sooooo pleased for you, been a long road for you but the end is in sight and you will be a mummy and daddy, what a lucky baby Very Happy Very Happy

d xx
panel questions - what might they ask? 
CAREFertility Forum Index What next .......
Page 1 of 1