CAREFertility Forum Index FAQ Search Watched Topics Login
Register

CAREFertility Forum Index Awaiting Scans March 2012 scans Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Wannabamummy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Anyone had a BFP in Feb and due for scan in March. Mine is booked for 13th excited and nervous. Will be good to have some company during the wait.

Scan dates:
Merague 9th March next scan 20th March
Wannabamummy 13th March 2 heartbeats shock but yay!!
Nikival 13th March 1 heartbeat yay!!
Hobbit 13th March 1 heartbeat yay!!
Poppy83 15th March 1 heartbeat yay!!
Kerry-Lou 15th March 1heartbeat yay!!
Ruby 22 16th March 1 heartbeat yay!!
Victoriaj81 20th March 2 heartbeats yay!!
Helen202 20th March 1 heartbeat yay !!
Rosey1 20th March 1 heartbeat yay!!
Jep 21st March 1 heartbeat yay!!
Redward 26th March 1 heartbeat yay!!
Golfgirl 28th March sadly no heartbeat
Jellyfish 3rd April Sad

Last edited by Wannabamummy on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:01 pm; edited 26 times in total
nikival
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:04 pm

I'm here! Not sure of my exact scan date yet but will let you know when the clinic tell me. xxx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Hope there will be plenty more from our 2 ww thread joining us.

Why do you have to wait for your scan date?
nikival
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Yes me too!

It's just the way my clinic does it. Unlike Care, they get you to test on the day your period would normally be due. Then you have to do a second test a week later. When you ring in the result of that, you get your scan date. Which is annoying cos I hate pregnancy tests and don't really want to do a second one. I find them so stressful!

Are you getting any symptoms yet? I'm not particularly, although I felt a bit sick around 11ish today but wasn't even sure if that was related.

Niki xxx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:12 pm

Oh right which cline are you with?

I have had a little nausea and sore boobs but I don't know if that is the pregnancy or the pessaries that I am using. Are you using any? I tried to ignore this prior to my test as wondered if it was just my imagination and didn't want to tempt fate. But I was over the moon this morning. I did the test that care gave me and it showed positive in about 1 min and I also did clearblue dig Which said pregnant 2-3 which I am told is what it should say.

Still in a bit of a daze as can't believe it is real and probably will be the same until my scan and I see a precious heartbeat or two.

xxx

Last edited by Wannabamummy on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
nikival
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:11 pm

I'm doing IUI at the NHS clinic in the QMC in Nottingham, although I'm a private patient there cos I don't qualify for NHS help. It's a really good clinic - the nurses there are fantastic.

I know what you mean about being in a daze. After everything I've been through I daren't even hope that this is the end of my journey!! And, yes, I've had slight nausea and breast tenderness since I started onthe pessaries too. I'm not on a very high dose, though. I just have to have one at night on the IUI treatment.

I've never made it as far as the scan before so until I see a heartbeat I'll be nervous.

Niki xxx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:43 am

Hey wanna - how you doing today?

I'm okay but feeling a bit up and down. One moment I'll get quite excited and there's a part of me that really feels that this is my time to have a baby. Then the next I'm getting worried that the pregnancy will go away straight away and that the hormones can't be building because I'd feel it more! Lol. Maybe the fact that I'm so emotional about it is a good sign....

I haven't had much in the way of symptoms. I felt sick for a bit mid-morning yesterday and very, very tired all day, and when I had a bath last night, I felt some sudden boob tenderness but then it passed! I've had the odd twinge in my lower tummy too - settling in pains, I hope!

It's so hard to relax. Although DH has four kids from a previous relationship and was just telling me this morning how it's totally normal to be nervous all the way through. He told me this story about his ex losing it when she was about 8 months gone, convinced her baby had died cos he woke up a bit late that morning. We dropped this strapping 15 year old off at school this morning! Lol.

Hope you're doing well honey xxxx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:11 am

Morning Nikival

I know exactly what you are going through I am up and down with symptoms and constantly hoping that this is the time for me. I try to tell myself that if it was a natural pregnancy and not IVF then most people would not have any signs this early on and I think that because of what we have gone through we analyse everything more.

I have my positive head on today but that could change at any time. It really is a roller coaster ride and I can't wait untill my scan. I have had no bleeding at all and feel that is a good sign. What about you? But I suppose none of us will stop worrying until that bundle of joy is placed in our arms and then we will start a lifetime of worry.

Keep positive thoughts going and listen to your DH and fingers crossed our time is here. xxx
ruby22
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:18 pm

Hello Wannabamumy and Nikival
Please can I join you. Huge Congratulations to you both - how amazing.
I have been going crazy for the last few days not being able to log in so at last I can get posting again!!
I am totally with you both on the emotional instability front - but trying to be rational and keep reminding myself that there's actually 3 out of 4 chances I won't miscarry as opposed to looking at it the other way round!! (I hope I'm right on that front)!
I am on 4 pessaries a day, a steroid injection at night and 4 steroid tablets in the am. The result of this is that I look at least 3 months pregnant and can wear nothing other than a pair of leggings!! Never worn leggings in my life before but now they are the only option. I have been getting a lot of achy legs and arms and also crampy pains in my lower stomach - it does your head in not knowing if these are good signs, side effects etc. All I know is whatever I feel I am not going to be complaining as I am just so so grateful to have got this far. I am nearly 40 and was just dreading getting to my birthday with no pregancy. looking forward to hearing from you both. ps my scan is in nottingham on the 16th march. xx

BFN - 8/7/11
2nd Cycle (ICSI) Oct 11
BFN - 26/11/11
3rd cycle (ICSI) - Feb 12
BFP 21.02.12
nikival
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:30 pm

Hey Ruby

That's definitely the way to look at it and the stats sounds about right. I turned 40 last year, before my appointment with my new clinic came through. They kept me waiting ages and I was gutted that I didn't manage to get one last try in before the big 4-0! But the truth is that your fertility declines steadily so a few months here or there doesn't make that much difference. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. I had an aunty who had a baby at 46, which I know is really unusual, but I also check out well in terms of egg reserve/quality and so on so I'm hoping that things will be okay. I've had two v early miscarriages before, which the doctors things were down to the sperm, but I'm still very nervous because of these experiences. I hardly dare believe that this time will be different but am trying to make myself think positive!

I think you're right that you do end up analysing stuff loads more when you've had treatment. I was saying to my DH the other day that I know far, far more about human reproduction than I really need to! Lol

Glad to be able to chat to come going through the same stuff and know that I'm not going completely insane!

Niki xxxx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:34 pm

Welcome Ruby

The more the merrier on this thread I think we are all going stir crazy it seems like never ending waiting for different stages. I think you line of thought and stats seem a really positive way of looking at things. You do seem to be on a real concoction of drugs I am only taking utrogestran 1 in the morning and 1 in the evening and today I feel so tired and bloated. Went for a stroll round shops today as on leave from work for the week and had to come home because I was so tired.

Hope we all stay positive and the scans come round quickly for us all. Off to bed now for afternoon kip only 34 but feel 64.

Take care xxx

Last edited by Wannabamummy on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
nikival
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:13 pm

I'm feeling really tired too. I felt absolutely exhausted after my day at work yesterday and feel similar today. I'm off to Paris tomorrow for two days on work stuff, which I'm really looking forward to, expect that I suspect it will be really tiring with the travel and everything. Going by train, though, so I might be able to sleep.

Niki xxx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi everyone great news on you BFP's Smile could i join you too we have our scan on 9th march. We had Diui and are very lucky to have a BFP on our attempt. This wait is nearly as bad as the 2ww xxx
Wannabamummy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:06 pm

Hello and welcome merague. It's good to see this thread is growing. And yes the waiting is a killer. Which clinic are you at?

At least we can try and keep each other sane on here not that I think that is totally possible. You are the first one to have your scan so far on this thread. I will try and start a list on my next post.

Congrats for getting your BFP and I hope we have many more to join us. Have you had any symptoms yet?

Take care all positive vibes winging there way to all. xxx
nikival
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:25 pm

Hey Merague

/waves

We had donor IUI too!

Niki xxxx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:26 pm

PS Ruby/Wanna - hope you're doing ok xxxx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:58 pm

Evening all and welcome merengue. Prob spelt wrong. Im trying to do this on my NEw iPhone! Hope Paris goes well niki and speak to u all tomorrow xxx

BFN - 8/7/11
2nd Cycle (ICSI) Oct 11
BFN - 26/11/11
BFP 21.02.12
Merague
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:23 pm

we are at sheffield care where is everyone else based?
Symptoms wise i have a bit of nausea and my boobs can be quite sore but nothing major. Have you?
Nicival its nice that you are also a iui as we seem to be rare lol x
Wannabamummy
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:23 pm

I am in Notts. Yes I have sore boobs nausea and a little heartburn. I am not sure what is worse the 2 ww or waiting for scan but I suppose the whole process is just one long wait for the next stage.

Take care all off to bed now xxx

Last edited by Wannabamummy on Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
ruby22
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:46 am

Morning ladies !
We are having treatment at Nottingham.
As regards symptoms , I have a little less crampy pains today but have had a lot of that. Boobs only a little sensitive, nothing major. Can people remind me when their scans are?? Mine is not til the 16th March. Dont' know how I am going to cope with trips to the loo til then as think I've developed a phobia to going to the loo as so scared I'm going to find blood. Horrible. Anyway, have a lovely day everyone and lets try to stay positive !, XX

BFN - 8/7/11
2nd Cycle (ICSI) Oct 11
BFN - 26/11/11
BFP 21.02.12
Wannabamummy
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:14 pm

Hi ladies

I hope everyone is ok today and not going too mad with the wait. I have updated the first post on this thread to include everybody's dates and will continue as we get anymore news. If I have anything wrong please let me know.

Keep strong all xxx
nikival
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:42 pm

I'm Nottingham based too, although not being treated at Care but the QMC clinic.

Paris has been lovely. We were taken out for a really nice lunch today and have tomorrow to ourselves. Back on the 5pm train but it's been a lovely break for us, and taken my mind off things a bit.

My symptoms are still pretty mild. I felt quite sick on the Eurostar this morning but then it was an early train and we hadn't had much sleep, so that's normal!

Ruby - I know what you mean about the trips to the loo. I've been the same. And don't get me started on having to do another pregnancy test. I don't want to!

I should know about my scan date on Monday so I'll let you know.

Wanna - hope you're doing well. I'm not quite going insane yet but it's close. Paris has distracted me a little bit! Lol.

Merague - yes, there are a lot more IVFers. And I've gone a really strange route from IVF to IUI so am unusual that way too.

Fingers crossed everyone.

Niki xxx

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi guys hope everyone doing well . good to hear Paris has been a good diversion nikki. just wondering if anyone else is suffering from pain around your pubic bone area? I keep getting it in waves and it's really freaking me out. Think I should put this new phone down and stop searching on the Internet for symptoms!! Sleep well everyone xx

BFN - 8/7/11
2nd Cycle (ICSI) Oct 11
BFN - 26/11/11
BFP 21.02.12
Wannabamummy
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:14 pm

Hello ladies

Hope everyone is ok today. I once again have been really tired today but don't know if that is a side effect from pessaries or not.

Nikival have you got a date yet for your scan?

Hope everyone is well.
Take care xxx
Merague
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:41 pm

hi wannabe
I'm also more tired than usual and had iui so not on any medications. Think its just because our bodies are adapting x
March 2012 scans 
CAREFertility Forum Index Awaiting Scans
Page 1 of 22 Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next