Caremaps-AI® Embryo Selection
Care Fertility scientists have undertaken extensive research for over a decade to improve the accuracy of embryo assessment selection. This resulted in models, or algorithms, to select embryos with the highest chance of becoming a baby. Care’s work in this area has been widely published and our latest award winning development uses Machine Learning (artificial intelligence) to analyse embryo development from fertilisation right up to the point of embryo transfer.
Caremaps-AI® time-lapse embryo imaging is unique to Care and is available at all our clinics.
How did Care produce an artificial intelligence tool (Caremaps-AI®) to analyse embryo development to predict the chance of a birth?
Because we have a large group of clinics performing the same high-tech embryology, we collated almost half a billion images, from over 60,000 embryos, from our time lapse incubators and trained a machine learning model to assess them accurately and automatically. This information is supplied to our own algorithm which was developed on thousands of transferred embryos where we know if a baby was born.
Could Caremaps-AI® be right for me?
Caremaps-AI® time-lapse embryo imaging is an additional procedure available to all our patients. It is a non invasive technique which is used to make our routine embryo selection process even more effective. Thousands of babies have been born following treatment which included Caremaps-AI®.
Read our blog to understand how we select the best embryos with Caremaps-AI®.
Benefits of Caremaps-AI®
- Powered by AI to enable the very best embryo selection, combined with the best closed incubation environment and 12 years of timelapse experience, all delivered by some of the world’s best embryologists.
- Our scientists are world-leaders in time-lapse technology, and our Caremaps-AI® technique is highly developed; we’ve innovated models that can help us more reliably select the highest quality embryos, allowing us to see exactly what the chance of each embryo becoming a baby is.
- Embryo assessment using Machine Learning, when trained on large high-quality data, is more accurate and consistent than the assessments made by humans.
- It is estimated that an embryologist with 10 years’ training and experience may have experience from assessing approximately 10,000 embryos over a decade. Caremaps-AI® was trained on over 60,000 embryos and almost half a billion images of those embryos.
- Higher birth rates than standard methods, as Caremaps-AI® gives better embryo selection, allowing embryologists to see which embryos have the best chance of producing a baby.
- Removes any human subjectivity
- More detailed information than standard incubation methods, cell division timings and embryo development patterns are recorded using time-lapse images.
- Full Timelapse video image files in 7 focal planes
- Half a billion images to develop Machine Learning model