Male IVF diagnostic tests
Male fertility problems can be due to a number of issues and diagnosis usually involves a general physical examination and semen analysis. We can offer cutting edge male diagnostic tests too, which check for chromosomal issues, or sperm DNA damage.
You can read more about these tests below.
- Ejaculate volume
- Sperm concentration (number)
- Sperm motility (how well they’re swimming)
- Sperm morphology (their shape, size, and appearance)
- Presence of white or red blood cells
Multiple Ejaculation Resuspension and Centrifugation (MERC) test
Sperm chromosome screening
- Couples with repeated miscarriages or implantation failure
- Couples with previously low or failed fertilisation following IVF
- Men who have normal chromosome patterns but whose embryos have chromosomal problems
- Men with a low sperm count
- Men over 50.
SOS (Sperm Oxidative Stress) test
- Partners of women with a history of two or more pregnancy losses
- Males over the age of 40
- Males with suboptimal semen analysis results (particularly low morphology or motility)
- Males with poor lifestyle, body mass index over 30, who smoke, have high alcohol intake or poor diet.