Elective Freeze All Cycles
The Elective Freeze-all process is designed so you can go through the stimulation and egg collection stages of your treatment, then freeze your embryos to allow you to recover from the stimulation phase before your embryo transfer.
In standard IVF treatment, your fresh embryo is transferred a few days after your egg collection, and any remaining suitable embryos are frozen.
In a freeze-all treatment, we freeze all your embryos for around six weeks or until we are satisfied that the lining of your womb is prepared and optimised for your embryo transfer.
The treatment approach is known as Freeze-all IVF, and we are now offering this at all Care Fertility clinics.
Freeze-all is being used increasingly in IVF clinics as it is proven to be best practice, necessary and effective for several groups of patients and also delivers benefits for all patients. Evidence suggests that transferring your thawed embryo a few weeks after your eggs are collected when the treatment medication is no longer in your system, can improve your chances of pregnancy.
Benefits of Freeze-all IVF:
- It allows the uterine environment to return to normal after IVF medication, providing natural embryo implantation conditions.
- Allows you to plan your embryo transfer to suit your own timetable.
- If you wish to include Pre-implantation Genetic Testing (PGT-A) to identify embryos with the most potential, you can do this in a Freeze-all treatment.
- A reduction of the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) during the transfer cycle, which is a risk during fresh-cycle embryo transfers.
- There is some evidence that this technique may slightly improve pregnancy rates, especially if you have polycystic ovaries, as your embryos will not be exposed to excess hormones of ovarian stimulation.
- It is less expensive for multiple transfers than repeated fresh IVF cycles.
Success Rates with Freeze-All IVF
Recent studies suggest that frozen and fresh have similar success rates; in some cases, frozen embryo transfer success rates may be higher. Ultimately, your success rate with frozen embryos depends on the quality of the embryo at the time of freezing.
Start your IVF journey with Care
Arranging a consultation is simple; we offer virtual and in-person consultations.
You can book your consultation and pre-treatment tests below.
Or if you’d like to talk to someone at Care about your options, it's straightforward to get started, call us on 0800 564 2270.